Create an FTP Account
Steps to be followed for cPanel:
- Login into your cPanel
- Click FTP Accounts under Files.
- Compete the “Add FTP account”
- Log In : demo (or anything)
- Domain : Select a domain / subdomain
- Password : use Password Generator for a strong password.
Copy the password to a text file.
- Directory : In the text box, type the path to the folder.
Should look like public_html/demo_SOMETHING_UNIQUE
- Quota : Unlimited
- Click Create FTP Account.
- Scroll Down to “FTP Accounts”
- Click on the FTP account you just created.
- Copy the below info and save in the text file created in 3.
Create a New Database
- In your cPanel Home Screen, under Databases, Click MYSQL DATABASE.
- Under Create New Database, type a name. Then copy the Database Name (including the prefix) to the text file.
- Scroll down to Add New User. Type a user name.
- Generate a password. Save both user name and password to the text file.
- Click Add New User.
- Scroll down to Add User To Database
- Select the User and Database created above and click “Add”
- In the next screen, check “ALL PRIVILEGES”.
- Click “Make Changes”
Now you have FTP info and DB info in your text file. Its over to WP Demo buddy
[SETTINGS] WP Demo Buddy Setup (one-time setup)
- Download and Install WP Demo Buddy in your WordPress Website.
- Click Settings Tab under Demo Buddy
- FTP Host: – as saved in the text file –
- FTP User: – as saved in the text file –
- FTP Password: – as saved in the text file –
- URL: URL to this FTP location that begins with http://.
Should be http://primary_domain _name.com/ demo_SOMETHING_UNIQUE
(demo_SOMETHING_UNIQUE was created under 3d in Create an FTP Account section)
MySQL DB Info
- DB Host: localhost (usually, check with host if diffferent)
- DB Name: – as saved in the text file –
- DB User: – as saved in the text file –
- DB Password: – as saved in the text file –
- When the users request for demo,the login info will be sent to the email id the user provided for building the demo.
- Short codes are used to replace the Demo related info dynamically in the email.
- In cPanel click Cron jobs under Advanced tab.
- Add New Cron Job
- Under Common Settings, select Once per Hour.
- Scroll down to Command:. Copy/Paste the cron command.
- Click Save
One time setup is Done. Now, over to Product Demo creation….
Add New Demo Product
- Click Add New Product.
- Product Name:
Name of your Demo Product (plugin name / theme name)
- Language: WordPress Locale
Leave Blank for US English. Locale code can be found here. WordPress Locale
- Upload Plugin:
Your plugin zip file. Multiple plugins can be added.
- Upload Theme :
Your theme zip file. Only one theme.
- Delete After (hrs.):
The WordPress Demo built by users will be auto deleted after this time.
- Hide Admin Menu :
Check the admin menus you don’t want to display in the Demo.
- Disable Access
VERY IMPORTANT: Demo users can download your themes / plugins if you Enable Appearance(Theme) & Plugins Access in Demo. We strongly recommend disabling Appearance(Theme) and Plugins Access.
This is checked by Default. Leave it alone if you are not sure. Uncheck this only if you know what you are doing. Serious!
- Click Save. Will take some time for the file to upload.
- After the page refresh, copy the short code () related to the product in your page or post.
- In the front end, this page will display a form for the visitors to create th demo of your Plugin(s) / Theme.
- Product Icons
|Activate / Deactivate this demo by clicking this icon|
|Edit the product|
|Delete the product|
That’s all folks!